People love free stuff. If you tell them that by clicking on a button they stand to win something that they perceive to be valuable, they will opt-in. The statistics about contests and giveaways paint a clear picture. Running contests and giveaways on your website is a perfect way to collect leads. However, to run that kind of promotion you need contest software.
There are numerous things you can offer website visitors to get them to sign up. If you want to gather even more leads, you can run a giveaway contest on social media. Users will participate and get others to take part.
The potential is huge. However, it takes some doing. You have to have the right giveaway contest software to create effective campaigns. You also have to give away something that users perceive as valuable.
This post is about the best contest software. We’ll also look at the benefits of contests, how they impact SEO, and tips for creating the best giveaway contests.
Before we get into all that, let’s examine whether giveaways are as effective as they are claimed to be.
Do Giveaway Contests Work?
What easier way to determine whether contests work than to look at the statistics?
- According to Outgrow, a marketer acquires 34% more customers for every contest they run.
- The average conversion rate for contests is 34% which is higher than any other type of content.
- Brands that run contests grow 70% faster than those that don’t.
- Almost 70% of all contest participants are over 18 years old. Most of them have money to spend.
- Running a promotion on Instagram can be highly beneficial because only 0.6% of posts on this platform contain giveaways.
- Most contest shares take place on Facebook – about 78.5%.
- The average cost per click of a contest is $0.18.
What these statistics tell us about giveaway contests is that they work. Like every other lead generation strategy, you have to have the right software and employ the correct methods to reap the benefits.
Why Run Giveaway Contests?
You’re a small business with a tight marketing budget. Should you spend it giving away free stuff?
Even seasoned marketers grapple with this question. It seems counterintuitive to give away things for free when your online…